The following are open access job links that contain Housing-Related job openings as well as other statewide jobs. (Housing Authority jobs that are not listed in one of these sites will be included below)
CLPHA - Council of Large Public Housing Authorities
PHADA - Public Housing Authorities Directors Association
TDHCA - Texas Dept. of Housing and Community Affairs
TWC - Texas Workforce Commission
US Government Job Bank
NOTE: NAHRO'S Job Listings can be accessed only if you are a member
We provide free advertising of positions that would be of interest to housing authority staff. If you have a position you would like to post, email the job announcement to firstname.lastname@example.orgWe will send it out to all the PHAs in Texas and post it to the website. If we post a job for you, please notify us when the position is filled.
Dallas Housing Authority
SALARY RANGE: $45,000 - $52,000
Cutoff: Until filled
Under general supervision; perform physical inspections of all developments (properties) owned/managed by DHA in accordance with Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) protocol; assess the physical condition of each development’s site, building systems, building exterior, common areas, and dwelling units for compliance with UPCS; record and report all observed deficiencies, including health and safety and environmental; accompany inspectors during REAC inspections; advise property staff in preparing for REAC inspections; submit activity reports.
Essential Job Function
The following list of duties and responsibilities ARE NOT intended to serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all required duties and responsibilities. Shown are those intended ONLY to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities to be performed.
· Annually perform in a compliance (quality assurance) capacity an inspection of all developments owned and/or managed by DHA in accordance and for compliance with UPCS protocol, to include for each development the site, building systems, building exterior, common areas, and at least 10% of the dwelling units
· Conduct a confirmatory inspection within 90 days of the most recent compliance inspection for completion of cited deficiencies
· Record all deficiencies observed, including environmental and health and safety violations, and draft and issue an inspection report
· Accompany all REAC inspectors on-site
· Confirm timely completion of all exigent health and safety deficiencies cited during a REAC inspection and submit required certification of completion/mitigation
· Submit a proposed schedule of inspections for the year
· Generate and distribute notice of inspection to residents prior to conducting a scheduled inspection
· Submit monthly activity reports
· Provide guidance to property staff in preparing for REAC inspections
· Research relevant regulations, rules, statutes, and ordinances/codes for updates and as necessary
· Support the relationship between DHA and the constituent population by exhibiting professional, courteous, and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and other DHA staff
· Enthusiastically promote the goals and priorities of DHA’s President and CEO in the operation of DHA
· Perform other duties as assigned or required
· Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field; and at least five (5) years of experience in building construction, maintenance, and inspections; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· HUD REAC (UPCS) certification in the past 5 years
· Valid Texas Driver’s license with acceptable driving record
· Able to operate a motor vehicle
· Able to drive to all DHA owned/operated properties wherever they are located
· Able to lift at least 50 pounds, climb stairs/ladders, bend, kneel, stoop, stretch, enter low spaces, enter confined spaces, and walk for a prolonged period of time
· Able to walk/work for a prolonged period of time under unpredictable, diverse, and adverse Texas weather conditions and related hazards
· Able to work in conditions as found on DHA owned/operated properties
* DHA retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Explanation of Hiring Process:
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with the Dallas Housing Authority. Our application process has changed. The Dallas Housing Authority has implemented a new way for applying for vacant positions. We no longer accept paper applications. All applications for open posted position must be submitted via on-line at www.dhadal.com.
No on-line applications will be accepted after the noted closing date on the announcement. We encourage you to visit our website often to view and apply for vacant position with the agency.
Dallas Housing Authority
3939 N. Hampton, Dallas, Texas 75212
Fax # (214) 951-1962
Job Hotline # (214) 951-8444
Alpine Housing Authority
Cutoff: until filled
Alpine Housing Authority is seeking an Executive Director. The Executive Director manages entire operation of the housing authority. Administers the Public Housing and Section 8 Programs. Reports to the Housing Authority Board of Commissioners. Manages 50 Public Housing units and 123 Housing Choice Vouchers. Supervises 2 employees. Minimum qualifications: A business degree with at least 2 years experience in Federal Public Housing Administration. Computer experience a must (Excel, Word, Quickbooks Pro). Experience in preparing financial statements, accts. payable and payroll. Must be able to prepare and submit Federal Government Reports to HUD when due. Must be self-motivated and quick to learn. Salary based on experience. Benefits included. Applications may be obtained from the Alpine Housing Authority office located at 1024 N. 5th St., Alpine, TX. Email resumes to email@example.com fax (432)837-7256. EOE.
Abilene Housing Authority
Salary Range: $35,000 - $50,000
Cutoff: until filled
The incumbent provides work direction and supervisory oversight for Housing Choice Voucher employees involved in wait list activities, occupancy, inspections, Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS), tenant and landlord paperwork processing in the Housing Choice Voucher program. The incumbent reports to the Executive Director. The position is exempt from overtime requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act. The employment relationship is at-will, and the incumbent serves at the pleasure of the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include, but are not necessarily limited to:
· Oversees day-to-day operations for applicant screening and eligibility determination, as well as annual and interim re-certification for HCV residents. Position is also responsible for rent calculation and changes in personal income, verifying information for accuracy, schedule appointments, communicate/correspond with residents and property owners, and negotiate rental payments with property owners for HCV participants. HCV Manager is responsible for ensuring that inspections are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with Housing Quality Standards (HQS) as outlined in the 24 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). Assign and evaluate work quality and monitor level of productivity among staff. Respond to complaints from applicants, tenants and landlords. Investigate and resolve complaints as appropriate. The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program is also under the supervision of the HCV Manager
· Develop and implement procedures within the work group to improve the level of customer satisfaction and employee productivity. Ensure staff compliance with applicable HUD rules and regulations through all phases of the application and re-certification processes.
· Interview and recommend selection of staff. Train new employees on applicable laws, regulations and procedures. Approve leave, request discipline, etc.
· Work with the Executive Director and other management staff to develop long and short term plans for the HCV program. Implement applicable goals and objectives. Write departmental procedures to implement the Administrative Plan. Provide monthly reports regarding activity and production status of team.
· Represent the department with outside organizations, to solicit potential applicants and landlords, resolve complaints, etc.
· Implement and enhance performance measures in order to effectively evaluate staff's performance and improve productivity. Work with other managers and IT to computerize performance tracking, and enhance manual work processes.
· HCV program has a baseline of 1536 vouchers.
· Perform additional duties as assigned (Grant writing, Managing budget, PIC & VMS submissions, etc.)
v A Bachelor's degree in an area such as Public Administration, Community Planning, Urban Studies, Business Administration, etc.; or an equivalent combination of education and related working experience.
v Demonstrated experience working in a high call volume and production environment with high performance guidelines and stringent deadlines.
v Demonstrated strong supervisory ability (two years of supervisory experience required).
v Strong written and verbal communication skills.
v Demonstrated skill in using computerized business applications, such as Word, Excel, etc. Touch typing speed on a computer keyboard.
v The ability to quickly learn the regulations and policies that govern the Housing Choice Voucher Program, especially admissions and occupancy.
v Successful work experience in an assisted housing program, especially the Housing Choice Voucher program.
v Personal computer, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone and other basic office equipment.
v Must be able to work in a normal office environment, visit inspection sites, use a keyboard and view a computer screen.
v Must be able to pass essential certifications with one year of hire:
1. HCV Eligibility & Occupancy Certification
2. HCV Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Certification
3. HCV Financial Management Certification
v The incumbent must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in state of residence, and maintain an insurable driving record under the terms and conditions of the AHA auto liability policy. The incumbent may have no more than 4 accumulated points in 3 consecutive years.
v Salary will depend on experience.
Texarkana Housing Authority
Cutoff: Until Filled
The Housing Authority of the City of Texarkana, Texas (HATT) seeks a visionary individual who shares the desire of the Board of Commissioners to lead the HATT to a new level of excellence. The HATT is a small, but highly innovative agency, and just within the past five years has received and completed a HOPE VI grant, four LIHTC developments, single family acquisition and development, and is currently in the process of applying for RAD. The individual selected will possess the following attributes: knowledge of PH, HCV, and LIHTC rules, regulations and programs; experience in financing, construction, rehabilitation and development of both multi-family and single-family assets, capacity to quickly and efficiently identify and implement new programs and ideas, strong yet collaborative leadership skills, and understands and appreciates the importance and value of collaboration, cooperation, and synergy with agency staff, city officials, the board of commissioners, community partners and especially our residents.
The salary level is $80-$90K, depending upon qualifications. Applicants can download an application at www.texarkanaha.org and submit WITH a resume and letter of interest to:
Naomi W. Byrne
Position will be opened until filled. The HATT is an equal opportunity employer.
Georgetown Housing Authority
Maintenance Mechanic B
Cutoff: until filled
Duties and Responsibilities
The Mechanic B performs general maintenance and repair tasks at the skilled and semi-skilled level. Tasks are performed in several trades or crafts at assigned housing developments. Specific duties may include the following:
Makes repairs and adjustments to various appliances and equipment (e.g. refrigerators, gas and electric stoves, furnaces, electric motors, smoke detectors, heat pumps, power tools and test equipment) and replaces appliances and equipment when necessary.
Repairs or replaces wiring and parts for electrical outlets, switches, light fixtures, and breaker switches/fuses.
Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures and fittings (e.g. leaky faucets, clogged drains and sewer lines, sprinkler systems, damaged toilets, sinks, and water cutoffs). Repairs and replaces water heaters and lavatory sinks.
Repairs, replaces and services heating units and boiler systems and all types of air conditioning systems.
Identifies and removes graffiti from all Housing Authority properties promptly.
Repairs/replaces/paints/touches up damaged walls, roofs, woodwork, floors, gutters and downspouts, garage doors, fences, gates, doors and door locks, windows and window shades and glass, door and window screens, cabinets, doorbells, peepholes, clotheslines, fans and belts, and insulation.
May be on standby duty for emergency calls after normal duty hours and weekends
Assists in preparing vacant dwelling units for new residents, including the painting and cleaning of units, ensuring the total turn time is 20 days or less.
Walks property daily conducting visual inspections of all building exteriors, grounds, and all Housing Authority property identifying areas requiring attention. Executes repairs to resolve all observations working toward ensuring the property will meet UPCS standards.
Services and repairs Authority vehicles and tools, ensuring all operate safely as intended and that all are maintained by regular inspections and servicing.
Assists in orientating/training new employees on Authority policies and procedures.
Fills out paperwork involving inventory, daily work orders, daily vehicle service inspections and assigned monthly reports.
Completes work orders correctly and on a timely basis.
Monitors maintenance stock needed and used and picks up and delivers parts and paperwork. Maintains all maintenance shops, stocks rooms, and storage areas in an organized, safe, and efficient manner.
Responds to public inquiries and interacts with others in a courteous manner; provides information within the area of assignment; resolves complaints and interacts with residents in an efficient, timely, and courteous manner.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Knowledge
High school graduate or GED. One to two years experience in apartment or building maintenance or vocational training and/or experience in areas of general repairs, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repairs, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Good knowledge of techniques, methods, materials, and equipment used in plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs and in the repair of household appliances and heating systems.
Good degree of skill in one or more tradecrafts and working knowledge of all maintenance crafts.
Skill in the use of various hand and power tools and test equipment.
Ability to read and write in English.
Ability to read and understand repair manuals and instructions/warnings on cleaning agents; write service requests, maintenance reports, and inspection reports.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Authority employees and residents.
Valid Texas driver’s license.
Eligibility for coverage under Authority fleet auto insurance.
For full description and application, go to www.georgetownha.orgor come to 210 W. 18th St., Georgetown TX 78626. No phone calls or resumes without applications accepted.
Central Texas Council of Governments/Housing Division
Section 8 Housing Counselors
Counselors perform moderately complex case management services. Work involves interviewing, organizing, reviewing data, explaining the different program requirements to clients. Work involves following strict program and office guidelines, checking documents for accuracy and a high volume of data entry. Experience in clerical work a must. Knowledge of HUD regulations and the Section 8 program preferred. Experience in social work preferred. Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent required. Higher education hours or degree preferred. Excellent working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office and knowledge of file management, e-mail and Internet required. Send resume to Deana Belk, Director of Housing, Central TX Council of Governments, P. O. Box 729, Belton, Tx.
HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, INC & WEDGE MANAGEMENT, INC., an affordable housing provider with a mission to provide safe high quality affordable housing with support services to those in need, is seeking the following positions:
Position Title: Compliance Coordinator
Location: Central Office – San Antonio
Scope of Job: Responsible for compliance tracking, integrity and reporting of the organizations’ compliance with Section 8 contracts and Section 42 low-income tax credit rules, HUD regulations, loan use restrictions and other loan covenants imposed upon the properties under management. Project based subsidy billings are processed and tracked until collected each month.
1. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in business or management related field plus three years management experience with multifamily apartment properties are preferred. However, applicants with an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
2. Knowledge and understanding of Federal, State and local laws and regulations applicable to the multifamily affordable housing industry.
3. Knowledge and understanding of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, Tax Exempt Bond and HUD Programs and Regulations relating to multifamily housing properties.
4. Proficient in the use of personal computers and computer software including, but not limited to, Yardi Voyager, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
5. Certified Professional of Occupancy and Low Income Housing Tax Credit designations or equivalent.
6. Strong writing, reading, and verbal communication skills.
7. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
Starting Salary Range: $38,000-$46,000 – based on education and experience.
**The position details listed above are not all inclusive. For more specific information regarding the job requirements and qualifications and/or to submit a cover letter and resume, please contact Lucy Defendini, Compliance Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Stanton Housing Authority
Cutoff: Until Filled
(housing may be available)
The Stanton Housing Authority is hiring a full-time maintenance technician.
The Maintenance Tech prepares or assists in preparing all vacant apartments to a market ready condition.
Performs various community maintenance functions.
Records activity in maintenance log.
These functions may include, but are not limited to:
Light Bulb Changes, Caulking, Painting, minor plumbing and electrical Lock Repairs, Preventative Maintenance, Vinyl Repair & Installation and other routine maintenance items.
We will train the right candidate. Bilingual preferred.
• Responds to resident service requests and concerns in a timely manner.
• Performs on-call emergency service as required.
• Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on vacant units, models, clubhouse, and/or
common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor.
• May assist in monitoring and/or controlling maintenance inventory and/or supplies.
• Moves heavy objects as requested.
• Assists the Maintenance Supervisor on special maintenance projects,
(i.e., preventative maintenance of building components and/or mechanicals).
Call 432-756-2812 or respond to this posting if interested
Housing and Community Services, Inc.
Affordable Housing job opportunities
Go to: http://www.hcscorp.org/index.php/employment-opportunities